Saturday, September 25, 2010

Indie Craft Parade etc.

Here in Greenville, SC we had our first ever Indie Craft Parade. Never can I go to a craft festival without comparing it  to ICP. The talent was super! My friends Elizabeth Blanton of Yellow Elm and Christin O'Bryan-maker of handmade journals had booths displaying their adept handiwork. These ladies are the kind of people showing us this "craft fair" wasn't your average hodge podge of artsy folk. No, this was something different. See for yourself.

We purchased a set of vases by Katie Coston of Illyria Pottery:


Another great find was made by 9 year old Marley of Three Bad Seeds


Head on over to their blog and you will see that I WON this adorable whale-the perfect friend to a strawberry: 



So, the Indie Craft Parade was a hit and has my friend Meredith of Feathers Falling putting her craft skills to good use for next year's fair. She has started a craft blog here

Admittedly, I have been thinking of crafting for profit too. Although, my skills are arbitrary, here is an assortment of my crafts over the past six months: 





My current crafty plans involve turning THESE sweetgum balls (which I scavenged from a humungous fallen tree branch that nearly missed our house. LoL, the branch puts new meaning into the term, "Fall") 



into THIS idea from Martha Stewart.


All that to say, around here, its the perfect time to get crafty-or at least get crafty ideas. 

1 comment: