Saturday, February 5, 2011

Getting out of the house

This weekend is super bowl. Apparently we are hosting a party. So, my dear husband was so kind to send me out of the house so he could clean and I wouldn't have to worry. Isn't that sweet? Now, I am sitting at Spill The Beans in downtown Greenville. (It's STBdowntown.com...I couldn't figure how to link the name to their website on my iPad.) Anyhoo, just returned with my MIL and sis-in-law from the Habitat for Humanity ReStore. I came away with some old old ribbon and they came out with a vintage Hallmark card file/organizer with cards inside! I love finding bits and pieces of peoples lives in my purchases. My husband was hoping I would have found a super awesome Mid-Century dining table in solid wood for cheap. Every old table was veneer (that had seen better days). Did EVERY table from the 50-70s use veneer? Hopefully we will have a nice MCM table by this August. Mad Men Party! Parties are great times to enjoy our homes, but right this second I enjoy being out of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment