Saturday, February 19, 2011

Little People

This post all started when I came across this image: 



Growing up in the 70s, my mom had quite the collection of Fisher Price toys. She had "Little People". A few of the sets she kept and let me play with, but the real mecca was at Granny's house. My grandmother had kept her daughters' Fisher Price toys and I LOVED them. Here are some of the sets via google image search. Here we have a hospital, camper, castle, house, carousel, airplane, schoolhouse/playground, and my favorite Little People- the girl in blue. Heck, I would still play with these even now.


All photos via google image search of "vintage little people". Little People print by Studio Mela, a print studio selling items under Etsy name DazeyChic. The photography of the print came from Nesting-Instincts. Little People is owned by Fisher Price. 

4 comments:

  1. OMG!! I had those too! I'm pretty sure my mum still has them in the attic somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Britt! Loved playing with those toys. I miss being a little person myself. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. These bring back memories. Wish I had cared about them as much then as I do now! Would love to unearth these somewhere in my boxes of stuff!
    Linda George

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love seeing our grandson playing with c1970 Fisher Price toys....No batteries, no flashing lights or computer screens. Pure imagination is all that is needed! So happy we kept so many of these great toys. The castle is a favourite!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete