Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Crafter's Devotional Day 32:

Reread a Childhood Favorite
One of my favorite children's books is George and Martha Round and Round by James Marshall. It is the story of two hippos who have married and live as humans. They pester each other constantly, which I loved. Hippos actually are aggressive toward each other in the wild. Watch the BBC-Wildlife documentary on nature's most unlikely predator. I say unlikely because hippos are just plain cute. But they are deadly. Hippos kill more people than lions, tigers, and crocs. Yikes!
But somehow hippos end up in children's books, as children's toys and in children's moving pictures. Go figure. 

What is your childhood favorite read?

1 comment:

  1. I have to be honest, I think hippos are great! They were one of my favorite animals growing up. They're so cute, despite the deadly, killer thing...

    I loved the serendipity books, particularly Leo the Lops: http://www.amazon.com/Leo-Lop-Serendipity-Stephen-Cosgrove/dp/0843138203

    ReplyDelete